Michele Bresnick Walsh, Member
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Michele serves businesses through all stages, from formation to exit.
Michele is Chair of the firm’s Business Law, Securities and EMERGE practice groups, and a member of the Health Care team. She works with businesses and their owners through all stages of growth, ranging from startup to capital raising to sale. Her practice includes securities law matters, venture capital and private equity investments, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate and commercial matters. She represents entities raising capital and venture capital entities and private investors making investments. She also works with real estate developers and investors to make sure they comply with the federal and state securities laws, including unregistered broker-dealer issues, when raising equity to help finance real estate projects.
Michele advises new companies on the appropriate choice of entity for their businesses and prepares the appropriate corporation, limited liability company or partnership governing documents, as the case may be. She regularly serves as outside corporate counsel, offering guidance on various day-to-day business issues. She regularly advises corporate boards of directors regarding fiduciary duty duties and other corporate issues under Maryland law.
Michele has worked with clients on matters, including sales and purchases of public and private entities, public and private equity offerings, secured and unsecured financing arrangements, buy-sell arrangements, employee and consultant business protection agreements, intellectual property issues, contract negotiations, employment agreements, change in control plans and stock option, and other employee incentive plans. Michele is part of the Energy & Environmental Team as an advisor regarding exit strategies and structuring, investments and business entity structure, including compliance with securities laws and applicable exemptions. She has also created nonprofit arms of power companies.
Michele has significant experience in private placement equity offerings both for operating companies and for real estate investments, regularly drafts private placement memoranda and related subscription documents, and prepares all U.S. Securities Exchange Commission and state exemption filings.
She also serves on the firm’s Executive Committee and chairs the firm’s Finance Committee.
- $1.2B sale of a leading viral vector development and manufacturing partner for gene therapies in one of the largest exits in the region in over a decade.
- $50M sale of line of business consisting of contracts, patents and IP rights in a designated field of use.
- $125M sale of plumbing services company to private equity group.
- $39M sale of addiction clinic to private equity group.
- Sale of executive search firm assets to a national executive search firm.
- Acquisition of assets of an electrical and mechanical contracting firm.
- Sale of assets of an investment banking advisory firm.
- Acquisitions of ambulatory surgery centers.
- Acquisition of physical therapy practice group.
- Syndication of ambulatory surgery center practice.
- Syndication of Independent Physician Association groups.
- Merger of two vascular surgery practice groups.
- Sale of a veterinary practice.
- Merger of ambulatory surgery center groups.
- Acquisition by nonprofit organization of assets of aphasia specialty program.
Recipient, Enterprising Women of Excellence Award, Baltimore Business Journal, 2022
Named to Chambers USA© 2022
AV Preeminent™ rating in Martindale-Hubbell®
Selected to Maryland Super Lawyers® list for Securities & Corporate Finance since 2022
Recipient, Top 100 Women Award, The Daily Record, 2012, 2014
Recipient, Top 100 Women Circle of Excellence Award, The Daily Record, 2017
Recipient, Leadership in Law Award, The Daily Record, 2016
Recipient, Brava! Award, Baltimore SmartCEO, 2015
- 26 Gordon Feinblatt Lawyers Named Best Lawyers in America® 2023
- Gordon Feinblatt Awarded Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2022
- 17 Gordon Feinblatt Attorneys Named to 2022 Super Lawyers® List and 9 as Rising Stars
- Gordon Feinblatt Names Five New Chairs Making Gains with Women in Leadership
- Gordon Feinblatt Forms EMERGE Team
- Michele Bresnick Walsh Named One of Maryland's Top 100 Women 2017 and Inducted into the Circle of Excellence by The Daily Record
- Michele Bresnick Walsh Named by Baltimore SmartCEO as a 2015 Brava! Award Winner
- Michele Bresnick Walsh Named One of Maryland's Top 100 Women 2012
Professional and Civic Involvement
Appointed to the Maryland Council on Cancer Control by Governor Lawrence Hogan, Jr.
At-Large Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Business Law Section Council; Member, Business Law Section, Securities Subcommittee (Secretary)
Member, American Bar Association
Member, The Associated, Audit Committee
Member, Bar Association of Baltimore City
Member, Executive Alliance (formerly Network 2000); Secretary and Board Member, 2013-2016
Executive Committee Member, There Goes My Hero Foundation; President, 2017-2019; Secretary, 2010-2016
Executive Committee Member, Lawyers' Campaign Against Hunger; Campaign Chair, 2011 and 2012. Click here to donate to the campaign.
Member, Muscular Dystrophy Association; Legal Leaders Steering Committee, 2007 and 2008
Ambassadors Committee Member, Center Club
Member, Betamore Business Growth Roundtable Group
Member, Exit Planning Exchange
Member, Association for Corporate Growth
Member, Business Opportunity Network
Member, Urban Land Institute
Member, Greater Baltimore Committee, Baltimore County Business Advisory Council
Member, Board of Directors and General Counsel, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Baltimore
Women United Member and Leaders United Member, United Way of Central Maryland
Publications and Lectures
- Co-Presenter, The Current State of M&A and How to Play, Association of Corporate Counsel - Baltimore, June 13, 2022
- Presenter, Securities Issues in Real Estate Investments, Equity Warehouse LFG Mastermind, May 4, 2022
- Moderator, Fireside chat with the Maryland Securities Commissioner's Business Law Institute, April 28, 2022
- Avoiding Securities Law Pitfalls in Real Estate Transactions, January 3, 2019
- Relating to Real Estate Breakfast & Seminar, November 15, 2018
- Using Business Protection Agreements to Protect Business Owners’ IP, April 12, 2018
- Foreign Forfeited LLC May Participate in Zoning Proceeding, March 5, 2018
- Maryland Legal Alert - February 2018, February 9, 2018
- Maryland Legal Alert - December 2017, December 7, 2017
- Maryland Legal Alert - November 2017, November 8, 2017
- Maryland Legal Alert - October 2017, October 10, 2017
- An Important Discussion: Women and Their Communities for Women Business Owners and Executives, May 16, 2017
- SEC Proposes Rule on Pay Ratio Disclosure, October 23, 2013
- Filing Deadline for Exempt Investment Advisers, February 16, 2012
- Relaxed Resale Restrictions on Restricted Stock Go Into Effect, February 13, 2008
- SEC's E-Proxy Rules: New Internet Posting and Delivery Requirements, November 25, 2007
- Sarbanes-Oxley Lite, June 20, 2007
- Nasdaq Stock Market Becomes A National Securities Exchange; Changes Market Designations, August 31, 2006
- Corporate Responsibility Checklist, September 4, 2002
- Selling Equity in Your Start-Up Company to Raise Capital? Avoid These Securities Law Pitfalls When Doing So
- Gordon Feinblatt’s COVID-19 Information Hub
- Corporate Transparency Act Requires Reporting Companies to File with FinCEN
- What Businesses Need to Know About Maryland’s RELIEF Act
- Economic Aid Act: The Relaunch of the Paycheck Protection Program
- Relating to Real Estate: Hot Topics 2020 Webinar
- What a Stage One Reopening Looks Like in Maryland
- What COVID-19 Means for Businesses
- COVID-19 Financial Assistance for Businesses
- Avoiding Securities Law Pitfalls in Real Estate Transactions
- Relating to Real Estate Breakfast & Seminar
- Using Business Protection Agreements to Protect Business Owners’ IP
- Foreign Forfeited LLC May Participate in Zoning Proceeding
- Maryland Legal Alert - February 2018
- Maryland Legal Alert - December 2017
- Maryland Legal Alert - November 2017
- Maryland Legal Alert - October 2017
- An Important Discussion: Women and Their Communities for Women Business Owners and Executives
- SEC Proposes Rule on Pay Ratio Disclosure
- Filing Deadline for Exempt Investment Advisers
- Relaxed Resale Restrictions on Restricted Stock Go Into Effect
- SEC's E-Proxy Rules: New Internet Posting and Delivery Requirements
- Sarbanes-Oxley Lite
- Nasdaq Stock Market Becomes A National Securities Exchange; Changes Market Designations
- Corporate Responsibility Checklist
Energy & Environmental
Mergers & Acquisitions
Technology & Intellectual Property
College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law,
B.A., University of Virginia, 1992