Christopher T. Magette, Member
I use my experience and attention to detail to help my clients close their transactions as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Chris represents lenders in a wide variety of commercial loan transactions.
Chris is a Member in the firm’s Financial Services and Real Estate practice groups. His practice focuses on representing local, regional and national banks and other financial institutions in connection with structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing commercial finance transactions. He regularly counsels lenders in various finance transactions, including real estate acquisition and development, construction lending, asset based financing, equipment financing, and Small Business Administration loans.
Chris also has significant experience representing local, regional and national banks and other financial institutions in connection with commercial loan workouts, including documenting complex commercial loan restructurings and forbearance agreements, liquidating collateral and otherwise enforcing security interests, and various other commercial collection matters.
Additionally, Chris regularly counsels clients in a variety of real estate matters, including acquisitions, development, leasing and financing, as well as general business matters.
Named toBest Lawyers: Ones to Watch by Best Lawyers in America® in Banking and Finance Law, 2021 and 2022, and Real Estate Law, 2022
Selected to Rising Stars of Maryland Super Lawyers® list for Banking since 2020, Creditor Debtor Rights and Real Estate (2020-2021)
- 17 Gordon Feinblatt Attorneys Named to 2022 Super Lawyers® List and 9 as Rising Stars
- Seven Gordon Feinblatt Attorneys Listed on 2022 Ones to Watch by Best Lawyers in America®
- 17 Gordon Feinblatt Attorneys Named to 2021 Super Lawyers® List and 7 as Rising Stars
- Six Gordon Feinblatt Attorneys Listed on 2021 'Ones to Watch' by Best Lawyers in America®
- Gordon Feinblatt Forms EMERGE Team
Publications and Lectures
- Gordon Feinblatt’s COVID-19 Information Hub
- Maryland Laws Update 2021
- Relating to Real Estate - January 2021
- Maryland Legal Alert - January 2021
- Relating to Real Estate: Hot Topics 2020 Webinar
- Relating to Real Estate - Maryland Real Property Laws Update 2020
- Maryland Laws Update 2020
- What COVID-19 Means for Real Estate
- Real Estate Industry Must Prepare for COVID-19
- Maryland Laws Update 2019
- Be Smart When Taking Intellectual Property as Collateral
- New Baltimore City Affordable Housing Tax May Yield Much Less Than Anticipated
- Maryland Legal Alert - November 2018
- Relating to Real Estate Special Edition: 2018 Maryland Real Property Legislation
- Maryland Laws Update 2018
- Maryland Legal Alert - June 2018
cum laude, University of Baltimore Law Review,
University of Baltimore School of Law,
B.A., History, Minors in Political Science & Philosophy, Gettysburg College, 2007
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2012
District of Columbia, 2012