Laura L. Johnson, Member
I am passionate about fulfilling my clients' needs.
Laura focuses on estate and trust administration, planning, and preparation.
Laura is a Member of the firm's Trusts & Estates practice group.
Her practice includes estate and trust administration; estate planning, including the preparation of last wills and testaments, powers of attorney, various types of trusts, and other documents to facilitate gifts of real estate and other interests; guardianship matters; and the preparation of estate tax, fiduciary income tax and gift tax returns.
Professional and Civic Involvement
Member, Board of Directors, Harford Family House
Member, American Bar Association, Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section
Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Elder Law & Disability Rights and Estate & Trust Law Sections; Co-Chair, Estate & Gift Tax Study Group, 2001-2003
Publications and Lectures
- Maryland Laws Update 2021
- Relating to Real Estate: Hot Topics 2020 Webinar
- Maryland Laws Update 2020
- Maryland Laws Update 2019
- Agricultural Law Forum December 2014
- Florida May Be a Little Too Humid After All
- Major Change to the Maryland Estate Tax
- Agricultural Law Forum - December 2013
- Agricultural Law Forum - November 2013
- Estate Planning 2012 - The Window is Closing
- Federal Wealth Transfer Taxes -- 2010 Tax Relief Act
- The Federal Estate Tax - The Saga Continues
- Terminally Ill, Who Says?
- Opportunity in April, 2008 for Tax-Free Transfer of Wealth
- A Change in the Maryland Estate Tax -- A Planning Opportunity
- Future Heirs Beware
- Estate Planning for Physicians
Trusts & Estates
University of Baltimore School of Law,
B.A., University of Baltimore, Yale Gordon College of Liberal Arts, 1994