Saad Malik, Associate
Saad is an Associate in the Real Estate & EMERGE practice groups.
Saad Malik is an Associate in the firm’s Business, Emerge, Energy and Environmental, and Real Estate practice groups.
He has represented corporate clients in commercial real estate, general corporate planning, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, joint ventures and employment arrangements. Saad has particular experience with contract drafting and negotiating; closings and settlements; lease preparation and review for landlords and tenants; and representing lenders in commercial and residential tax sale and foreclosure actions.
Saad’s real estate practice also focuses on real estate issues for solar and other energy projects, including due diligence review, title and survey examination, tax considerations, and negotiation of instruments related to solar property rights.
Saad also serves as outside general counsel to various faith-based organizations around Maryland.
Prior to joining Gordon Feinblatt, Saad served as Judicial Intern and Law Clerk to the Honorable Lawrence P. Fletcher-Hill of the Circuit Court for Baltimore City where he researched and drafted bench memoranda and opinions for civil and criminal matters. He received his J.D. from the University of Baltimore School of Law. As a law student, Saad served on the school’s Honor Board, clerked for two Baltimore law firms, and represented pro bono clients as a Rule 19 student attorney in the Mental Health Law Clinic. Due to his work for the Clinic, he received the law school’s Platinum Pro Bono Challenge Award.
Saad is fluent in Urdu and Punjabi.
- Represented buyer on purchase of a commercial office building for $8,000,000.00
- Negotiation of commercial leases from both tenant’s and landlord’s perspective
- Negotiation of long-term industrial leases from both tenant’s and landlord’s perspective
- Due diligence on long-term lease of entertainment arena with an overall value of $200,000,000
- Represented lenders in commercial foreclosures throughout Maryland
- Formation of IT consulting company
- Revision of corporate documents for 501(c)(3) organizations
- Represented buyer on purchase of party equipment rental business
- Represented seller on sale of fast food service business
- Represented seller and led due diligence on sale of architecture, design, and engineering business to private equity for $37,000,000
- Represented seller and led due diligence on sale of IT franchising business to private equity
- Local real estate counsel to developer on solar development in Howard County, Maryland
- Local real estate counsel to developer on solar development in Dorchester County, Maryland
- Local real estate counsel to developer on solar development in Baltimore County, Maryland
- Local real estate counsel to developer on solar development in St. Mary’s County, Maryland
- Draft and amend site control documents for developer optimization in accordance with Maryland laws
Selected to Rising Stars of Maryland Super Lawyers® list for Real Estate since 2023
Member, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS), Board of Directors, 2022
Chair, Islamic Society of Baltimore, Risk Management Committee, 2022
Member, Islamic Society of Baltimore, Board of Directors, 2017-2020
Co-Panelist, “Negotiating Solar Leases,” Maryland State Bar Association’s Annual Advanced Real Property Institute, November 2023
Co-Presenter, "Tips for Developing Business as a Young Lawyer," Maryland State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, February 6th 2023
Featured in The University of Baltimore's School of Law Fall 2022 Magazine in the piece, "Practicing Law with Compassion"
Honor board; Platinum Pro Bono Award Recipient,
University of Baltimore School of Law,
B.A., Political Science, University of Maryland Baltimore County, 2016
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland