Tierra L. Dotson, Associate
Tierra is an Associate in the Firm's Real Estate Practice.
Tierra is an Associate in the firm's Real Estate practice group with a broad swath of legal and professional experience.
She advises clients in various commercial and residential real estate transactions. Tierra has particular experience with transactions involving office buildings, retail centers and industrial properties. Her experience includes contract drafting and negotiation, lease review and preparation, and title and survey examination. She also counsels clients on matters concerning land use and zoning issues.
Tierra assists solar developers with real estate matters involved in utility-scale solar projects, including lease and due diligence review, and title and survey examination.
Prior to joining Gordon Feinblatt, Tierra was a Judicial Law Clerk to the Hon. Melanie Shaw Geter of the Maryland Court of Special Appeals with whom she reviewed court decisions, evaluated trial records and legal arguments in appellate briefs, and researched and wrote appellate opinions in various areas of law, such as criminal, civil, trust and estates, and family law.
Before transitioning to a legal career, Tierra had an extensive corporate background. She worked for a multinational corporation where she advised the brand’s franchise owners to help improve business operations, increase sales and optimize profitability.
Tierra received her B.A. in Business Administration and Marketing in 2012 from Howard University School of Business in Washington, DC.
Tierra is licensed in Maryland and Washington, DC.
- Gordon Feinblatt’s COVID-19 Information Hub
- Relating to Real Estate - July 2021
- Update on Baltimore City Landlord-Tenant Laws
- Relating to Real Estate - January 2021
- New Caves Valley Development Plan Differs Significantly from Rejected Plan
- Maryland and U.S. Extend Stays on Residential Foreclosures and Certain Evictions
- Stay on Residential Foreclosures and Prohibition on Evictions Extended
- Relating to Real Estate - November 2020
- Lenders: Don’t Worry if You Lose Your Deeds of Trust
- Relating to Real Estate: Hot Topics 2020 Webinar
Howard Law Journal, Senior Articles Editor; Charles N. Mason Scholarship recipient,
Howard University School of Law,
B.A., Business Administration and Marketing, Howard University Legacy Scholarship recipient, Howard University School of Business, 2012
District of Columbia, 2018